In all of the games used for gambling, Blackjack remains the only one in which a participant can actually change his chances of winning during the game. Whether those running casinos wish to admit it or not, Blackjack does involve skill.Blackjack actually refers to a specific holding. However, this is also the most common term for the game – also known as 21.You are playing against the dealer at all times. Many people feel that you must play differently depending on where you sit at the table. This is not true. Players sit in a semi-circle around the dealer, but no matter where you sit, you are still playing against the dealer. You owe nothing to the other players – it is your own money you are risking.
Trying online bingo was something I decided to do for a few reasons. I keep on hearing all sorts of folks saying just how much fun they find it. Secondly, bingo is always being advertised on box and radio. Finally, our local bingo hall had recently closed down. What used to be a grand looking social hotspot, is now a dull looking building with no purpose. Internet bingo had intrigued me and I was keen to see what all the fuss was about.
My nana was one of the biggest bingo players I’ve known; going to her bingo hall in town right in to her final years. I wonder if she would have used online bingo as a replacement for the old bingo hall. Of course there was no internet bingo available when she was still with us. A guy I know used to play bingo when he was at college. I think he thought it was funny. We were discussing recently my nanny’s love for bingo and if she’d like online bingo. No longer at university he now plays online bingo at the weekend. He concluded the reason why my grannie had loved the old bingo hall so much was because of the social aspect. However he did say that if she were alive today then she very well might have started playing bingo online. He mentioned that internet bingo also has the same social elements of the old bingo hall as well as the excitement of waiting for your numbers to be called. Interested, I decided to find out what he was talking about for myself.
Chat rooms are a feature of most online bingo sites. Thanks to the natter rooms on the online bingo site I could chit-chat to other players as I played. Even though you are playing online bingo at the same time, the gossip rooms are quite similar to what you might find at other chatter rooms on the web. I was very pleased to learn that everyone on the bingo sites are very friendly and said hello as soon as I arrived. I always had the impression that chatter rooms on the web were a bit dodgy but I really liked chatting away with people I didn’t know while playing online bingo. It was great to have other people to talk to although the topics of conversation were generally about family, work and of course online bingo. As I went back to the same old online bingo site time and time again, just like at nan’s old bingo hall, it became clear that there were players that kept coming back. Frequenters to the chat room would ask nice sociable questions like how the other players husbands were doing. If some of the other regular online bingo payers weren’t there when I was I would often find myself missing them. I enjoyed talking to the other people.
Looking for just the right gift for a poker player? If someone you know loves to play poker, whether a seasoned or casual player, there are many poker related gifts on the market that they’re likely to enjoy. Here are my picks for some unique gifts for Poker players.
1. Poker Books: Whether your looking for a beginners manual or a book on improving strategy, there are numerous books available online or at the book store that any poker lover would enjoy reading. Some top picks from various sites include:
- Internet Texas Hold-em: Winning Strategies from an Internet Pro by Matthew Hilger
- Harrington on Hold’em Volume I: Strategic Play
- Phil Gordon’s Little Green Book by Phil Gordon
- The Theory of Poker by David Sklansky
- Winning Low-Limit Hold’em (2nd Edition) by Lee Jones
- Hold’Em Poker for Advanced Players (Advance Player) by David Sklansky
- Zen and the Art of Poker: Timeless Secrets to Transform Your Game by Larry Phillips
2. Poker Chips: A wide variety of chips are available, at an equally wide variety of costs. If you’re buying for a true Poker lover, Ceramic or Clay poker chips may be a good choice. Ceramic Poker Chips are casino grade chips.
The graphics on these chips are actually part of the chip. Clay poker chips are rapidly becoming the most popular choice for chips. They have distinct feel and sound to them which is softer with a more solid sound. Also, they are not slippery like composite chips, which makes them stack better. Paulson poker chips have a distinct look and feel to them. These chips are true casino grade chips that are used by many casinos around the world, including Bally’s, Bellagio, Caesars Palace, Excalibur, Harrah’s, Mandalay Bay, MGM, Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York New York, Paris, Riviera, Treasure Island, Tropicana, Venetian, & Wynn. You may also choose to customize your own chips with hot stamping, labels or full color chip graphics of your home casino logo.
3. Poker Chip Cases and/or Trays: There are a multitude of poker chip cases and trays on the market, from inexpensive plastic trays to outrageously expensive sets. Cases are typically made of Acrylic, vinyl, aluminum, leather or wood. Acrylic or aluminum attaché cases are an inexpensive option, however If your poker player has clay chips or more expensive collectible chips, you may want to purchase a better quality case. You can also choose from different capacity chip cases, with the ability to store anywhere from 100 to 1000 chips. There are a variety of wooden poker chip case styles you can pick from, including custom cases made to your specifications. Poker cases may include chip trays or racks that can be used to protect and store your poker chips, or can be removed to stack player’s chips at the poker table.
4. A Poker Table: If your poker player is serious about their game, they may enjoy their own poker table to add to their home gaming experience. The options range from $30 portable table tops that just sit on top of existing tables (such as your dining room table) to dedicated Poker tables costing hundreds to thousands of dollars.
5. Dealer Button / Card Protectors: Having a Dealer Button is essential for playing Texas Hold ‘Em Poker. This is an inexpensive way to enhance your games. A dealer button is used in Texas Hold’em to designate the theoretical dealer for a hand of poker. Dealer buttons usually look like a big poker chip (or hockey puck) and have the word ‘Dealer’ written, stamped, etched, or engraved on one or both sides. They can be quite elaborate and cost up to $100. A plastic dealer button may be purchased for a few dollars and many poker chip sets come with a button included. You can also buy “big blind” and “small blind” buttons.